Preparing to celebrate the Sacrament of Reconciliation (also known as Penance) for the first time is an exciting time. It is a time for focus on God’s mercy, how we forgive among our family, friends, and community, and how we celebrate forgiveness.
First Reconciliaton and First Eucharist are usually celebrated by children in grade 2 (or older). Immediate preparation for these sacraments includes:
• child and adult participate in a faith formation program
• parent or guardian attend an initial parent meeting
• child attends 2 sessions - one prior to each sacrament; optional for students attending Catholic School
• parent or guardian help the child to complete the study materials at home
• child and adult participate in a retreat prior to celebrating each sacrament
See the attached schedule
Completion of an online faith formation registration form and stewardship commitment card are required. One registration form per family each year includes sacramental preparation and Journey In Faith.